- Working knowledge of the operating characteristics and maintenance requirement of water treatment plants.
- Working knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws, ordinances, and permitting requirements.
- Working knowledge of the occupational hazards of the work and of necessary safety precautions.
- Some knowledge of hydraulic, chemical and mechanical principles pertinent to water treatment plant operations.
- Ability to detect flaws in the operation of mechanical equipment and to determine proper remedial measures
- General knowledge of the tools, materials and equipment used in the installation, replacement, maintenance and repair of utility lines